Sunday 12 February 2012

Prabal Gurung - My New York Fashion Week Favourite


I absolutely love the simplicity of this outfit - the use of the show stopping electric blue satin skirt combined with an embellished cotton sweat shirt and elegant black leather gloves with the sexy electric glossy blue shoes really does it for me. In fact the whole of Prabal Gurung's minimalist and magical collection was near perfection, I have a thirst for 'less is more' and simplicity of line at the moment, this inspirational collection offers it in spades. Here are some more of my favourite outfits from his show. The electric blue and black combination runs like a thread throughout the collection, whilst gold and white run through the other half forming the Good side opposite. To see more click here. http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/autumn-winter-2012/ready-to-wear/prabal-gurung# 
Without sounding like I am using Star Wars speak I clearly like the dark side of his inspiration. 


texture play a theme of the collection
reminded me of Tom Ford's first collection for Gucci


Gorgeously wearable peplum skirted with trousers, sexy and warm look for winter.
Black is so commercial in a down turn too.  
Simple lines, matt and gloss sheen and shine opposites
An empowering yet feminine  silhouette for the modern woman
Sumptuous detailing